Get booking by booking id

I noticed the Scheduler API documentation doesn’t have a way to retrieve booking data using booking id? Is there an alternative way to do this?

Hi @julian let me double check with the team, we may need to add the following:

curl --request GET \
  --url 'https://api.us.nylas.com/v3/scheduling/bookings' \
  --header 'Accept: application/json' \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer <SCHEDULER_SESSION_ID>' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json'  

Hi @julian - I spoke too soon :sweat_smile:, at the moment we do not support making GET calls for specific bookings, so its not in our documentation, will let you know if this is something we consider adding :+1:

Hi @julian no plans to have this endpoint in the near future, so something we will revisit after scheduler is generally available.

Understood, is there an easy way to determine the event id associated with a booking when a booking is created?

@julian let me take a look and circle back :+1:

Hey @julian , this will be returned in the POST /booking response in the coming weeks :slight_smile: keep an eye on documentation for that update.

Hope this addresses your use case, let us know if it doesn’t. Always curious to hear how our products are being used!

2 Likes

This would help a lot. I want to surface a list of an end-users upcoming bookings (events), so I’m going to add the user’s id (this is an id coming from an identity-as-a-service provider) to the event metadata. It would be great if I could pass the metadata along to POST /bookings. But with the change you mentioned I’ll just do POST /bookings followed by PUT /events.

This would help a lot. I want to surface a list of an end-users upcoming bookings (events), so I’m going to add the user’s id (this is an id coming from an identity-as-a-service provider) to the event metadata. It would be great if I could pass the metadata along to POST /bookings. But with the change you mentioned I’ll just do POST /bookings followed by PUT /events.

1 Like