Nylas send message using incorrect name

I am sending a message using the Nylas API to my inbox using the Node.js SDK. the name of the sender comes in as info which is wrong and not what I added in the code as the replyTo name.

@backgroundbuddy
I guess the reply to isn’t for this.
For example: This is a email that I received.

The email has a reply to (responder a), but keeps the sender name. So, info probably is your sender name.

I used the “from” instead of the replyTo and that also is using my email instead of the name.

@VictorMonteiro7 @backgroundbuddy I’m not a Node guy…so I cannot be sure if it is a bug on the SDK or not :thinking: I fixed a bug on Java for this a couple of days ago :grin: but this is how you do it on Python…

"from" : [{"email": "my_email@gmail.com", "name": "Blag the Coder"}],

If you don’t specify both email and name, it doesn’t work :wink:

Hey @Blag, I usually do it in the same way with Node SDK.

@VictorMonteiro7 :hushed: Then you guys found a bug :bug: I will report it so it can be fixed as soon as possible :wink: Thanks both :raised_hands:t2: cc @backgroundbuddy

@Blag I didn’t experience this bug.

@VictorMonteiro7 :sweat: Sorry, got way ahead myself :sweat_smile: So it’s working then…good to know :smiley: @backgroundbuddy Can you please confirm that it’s working for you?

Hey @Blag, I tested here again and also experienced the bug.
This is my request:

{"bcc":[],"body":"<p>teste<br></p>","cc":[],"subject":"Teste","to":[{"email":"<to-email>","name":"contato"}],"from":[{"email":"<from-email>","name":"Test to Nylas"}],"trackingOptions":{"links":true,"opens":true,"threadReplies":true}}

and I received as:

I’m using NodeSDK version 7.5.2.

cc: @backgroundbuddy

Thanks @VictorMonteiro7 I will report this as a bug :lady_beetle:

1 Like