Translating message Id's fail for Microsoft accounts

Hello,

We noticed that translating message id’s is not supported for Microsoft accounts that are not EWS with exchange on-premise. This breaks some important features for a large portion of our users.

Can you please provide some insight into why this isn’t supported and if there’s any way to retrieve the mappings you already have for v2?

Thank you.

Hello @Hernan Let me get an answer from the migration team and will get back to you

Thanks @Blag.

Any update from the migration team?

Hello @Hernan sorry for the delayed reply…here’s what I gather from the migration team

You don't need to translate for ews to ews. Why is it not supported? All you need to do is just return the id as is for on prem.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hello @Blag, thank you for your response.

I am not concerned about the on-prem accounts, as the translate endpoint says those are supported.

I am concerned about Office365 and Outlook accounts.

For example, for the same Outlook account and same message, I get the following object Id’s:

V2: brqm8yryy2j6x6uj7j43jhort
V3: AAkALgAAAAAAHYQDEapmEc2byACqAC-EWg0A-IJDVz3PkkqwkcSLj-9VXwAAMlDjCgAA

The V3 identifier looks like it’s the Graph API immutable id. I am interested in translating the V2 id’s to the V3 equivalent for these type of accounts.

Also, in my original screenshot, I attempted to translate the Id’s of an Outlook account, not an on-prem account. However, the response I received from the translate endpoint was that only on-prem accounts are supported.

I am a bit confused because if there is no need to translate Id’s for on-prem accounts and Id’s can be used as is, it seems like there may be a bug. Could you please clarify this for me?

Thanks.