Sync historical user data, rate limits

Hello everyone!

I am using Nylas V3 for integrating emails, threads etc. into my application. The idea is that a user of the application will be able to see their emails and manipulate certain aspects of them, like the assignment of custom tags, renaming an email’s name, or sharing an email with a co-worker. For now, the application only stores the Nylas id plus some custom fields that are internal for the application. I am considering however to sync threads, emails and attachments in the database for each user.

I was thinking of fetching data little by little until the sync process for a user is complete. Optimized search, with a similarity search, as well as faster response times is the goal for this.

Do you guys have any recommended way of syncing historical data? Also, taking rate limits in mind, what do you think would be the optimal number of emails / threads / attachments per user in regards to time? Will fetching 50 emails every 5 seconds for example pose issues? If so, what number every what seconds would be optimal?

Hello @gpapidas I have never tried getting historical sync, so let me ask the platform team and I will get back you :thinking:

1 Like